It has long been possible to seal sections of a pipe using an Inflatable Stopper. However there are applications where existing stoppers aren’t quite good enough for the job in hand.
Now, thanks to the new Range of Inflatable Rubber Plugs from the Pipestoppers® Division at Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT®, a whole new number of applications can be attended to.
These new Plugs can be inflated quickly using compressed air lines and are ideal for fast, reliable and safe stopping and blocking of pipes, joints, channels, inlets and a number of other uses.
Lightweight Inflatable Rubber Plugs can withstand temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 70°C (158°F) and are highly resistant to oils, hydrocarbons and petrochemicals. Available in sizes 2 - 78” (51 to 1,981 mm), each Plug has a wide degree of flexibility in diameter.
Ron Sewell, Chairman for HFT® said: “Inflatable Rubber Plugs are used during new pipeline installation or for carrying out routine maintenance and repairs. They seal off sections of a pipe quickly, safely and are very simple to use. Inflation can be carried out almost instantly with a compressor and they can be inflated with hand or foot pumps too”.
The Plugs are manufactured from high quality rubber, comprising a mix of styrene, butadiene and isoprene.Typical applications include:
- Blocking pipes, tubes, dams, inlets, storage tanks, manholes and channels.
- For use in water, sewage, fluid production (milk, beer, chemicals), petrochemical, pharmaceutical, gas pipeline systems.
- Restricting, diverting and bypassing flow during pipeline maintenance or modification.
- Keeping pipeline free of dirt and contaminants by capping and blocking the ends.
- Can be floated down pipes and stopped at a desired location by holding onto the inflation hose.
The Pipestoppers® Division at Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® supplies a range of Mechanical and Inflatable Pipestoppers® and Plugs to suit every application.